Your child experienced a traumatic event in the past 4 weeks.
- Do everything to help your child feel safe.
- Talk with your child about their feelings and worries.
- Return to normal daily routines with your child as soon as possible.
- Spend a lot of quality time with your child, family, and friends.
- Take time to deal with your own feelings.
Information and Tips
Every child reacts differently after being exposed to a traumatic event. Common symptoms after a traumatic event fall into five categories: Bad memories/nightmares, Anxiety, Nervousness, Feelings of depersonalization/derealization, and Other symptoms. In addition, traumatic events occurred to children and adolescents can cause feelings of guilt in their parents.
Find out more about these symptoms and how you can support your child to cope with them by clicking the corresponding buttons.